It Keeps on Spinning

It's been quite a while since my last post. Sorry to anyone who was wondering what has happened in our life since then, but, we've been a little busy. Here's a recap:

June 20 - Our second daughter, June Scarlet Colwell, was born. She was 5 lbs. 15 oz. and had a full head of red hair. Unlike her older sister, she can breathe on her own, her eyes are open and blue, her cries are loud and liberal, and all of her internal organs work perfectly. Thank you God.


June 31 - This was my last day working for a large school district in the area. Unlike many people around our country, I had the fortune of giving up my job to start a better job somewhere else. A small private K-12 school in Austin hired me to be its Director of Communication and Student Life and girls soccer coach. I've been working there for 4 months now and it's wonderful! For the first three months I worked part time there while still contracting for the big school district, but this gig went full time at the beginning of October. Thank you God.




Since the beginning of July we also bought a little boat, traveled to York for Joy's family reunion, I've had two sinus surgeries, went deep-sea fishing with the boys, and I just spent an entire weekend at Austin City Limits festival. Oh yeah, and we've got the baby to keep us busy too.

All of that to say that we are a blessed people. I know how blessed I am and I try to tell people about it often. I'm grateful for the life we have, but not satisfied with it. I'm still convinced that we as God's people can be more, so I'm keeping the conversation going.

One of the biggest blessings in my life is my new role as the student life director at my job. I'm in charge of chapel for the middle and high school students, and I'm also responsible for guiding the spiritual atmosphere on campus. This has caused me to be focused on my own relationship with God, and it's given me the chance to share the messages that have been made so clear to me over the last two years. Community. Love. Selflessness. Relationship.

I still miss Maggie every day. And most days I see her in June's face. That's not easy, but it's still a blessing. This is a lesson I talk about often. The things in our lives that are the most difficult usually have a big payback if we nurture the aftermath and let God be in control.

That's about all I have to say right now, so I guess I'll share a few more superflous pictures of my beautiful daughter. She's wonderful. 







Comments

Popular Posts